Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Aggies, oh Aggies!


So here's an excerpt from an e-mail Sack sent me today. The song was too good to not post. The "bad grammar" part has to do with this Web site. If you notice what is wrong, you might be considered for our GSP club. If not, it's ok. It's hard to be one of the elite. Anyways, here's the e-mail:

Though I am as avid a NM State fan as anyone, the university has caused me at least as much shame as pride in the past year. Lassos, 12 football losses, bad grammar…when people ask where I went to school, I might just start telling them “Sierra Vista Elementary”. Here are some new lyrics for our fight song…errr…plight song that I just made up (except for the third verse, which Meyers made up part of):

Aggies, oh Aggies
The losses make me cry
Just stab me in the eye

Aggies, oh Aggies
Why watch this game, they barely even try

And before this stupid game
Let’s drink a bunch of booze
And bitch about the Aggies
‘Cuz they always f**king lose

A clap-clap-clap G clap-clap-clap G clap-clap-clap I clap-clap-clap E clap-clap-clap S clap-clap-clap
Aggies, Aggies d’oh Aggies!

And a side note from Sarah: I found that pic of Lasso Lucifer on this Web site. I felt it was appropriate to include with the song.

9 Comments:

Blogger Maud said...

Since when do questions end in a "comma?" My questions end in a quesion mark...

Can I be vice-president of the GSP club,


hehe!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Maud said...

also... DAD's ??? WTF is that???

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sack said...

Actually, Maud, songs are not held to the same grammatical standard as other written language. Were I to drop in the grammatically correct question mark, it would indicate an inappropriate change in pitch (as documented in the feature film Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy). If I put it in the middle of the line, it would also indicate an unwanted pause. Do NOT try to pee in the GSP king's pool! ;o)

Do you understand,

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I heart GSP debates. GSP should probably be an event in the Olympics, even though I hate the Olympics.

Sack's right, though, Maud. Most creative writing genres aren't held to the same standards as your newspaper or favorite scholarly journal. I mean, have you ever read "All the Pretty Horses"? None of the dialogue is in quotation marks. This bothered me beyond belief back when I was in high school and read it.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You know it's bad when even I can pick out the grammatical mistakes....

5:50 AM  
Anonymous BT said...

bad grammer? I didn't notice anything.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hahahaha... "grammer". BT, you slay me!

Sack, maybe NMSU's Web sites (besides U-Comm) are moderated by engineers. That would explain "Dad's and Grad's".

11:07 AM  
Blogger Maud said...

BTW, thanks for the info on Sterling... I think I shall tear out the photo and hang it on fridge.... or in my room ;o>

3:18 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

I don't know what you see int hat creepy old man, Maud... but to each her own. ;o)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home